Thursday, October 9, 2008

Experimenting with preset modes

Sunday afternoon we decided to drive up Smithfield Canyon because I wanted to get pictures with the leaves for Christmas cards! So I let my little girl and my husband run around and play while I snapped a bunch of shots! This photo she was looking up at her dad! In this photo she had had enough and was very sick of me taking pictures of her! I saw a cute shot and thought I would try it! I used macro mode for this one to get a close up with the blurred background.
She is such a happy little girl! Her dad was playing peek-a-boo behind me and she thought it was so much fun!
We went on a 4-wheeler ride the other day throught the field and this is just a playhouse in somebodies backyard (or in the back of their field) I thought it was cool and the light was really pretty.
This is probably my favorite picture. We set her down and let her play and she ducked behind the rock and I caught the shot as she was standing up.

5 comments:

Alexis said...

Beautiful work - and you have a darling little girl! I love the first 3 images - great emotion. The photo of the playhouse has beautiful color and light - great work!

Critique: In the 3rd photo, the subject isn't in focus, but the background is. If your camera allows it, set the focus point right on the bridge of her nose to make sure that she is in focus. Also, on the image of the playhouse, I would have liked to see a little more of the building and even maybe some horizon line. Try a variety of perspectives.

Kristin Wilkerson said...

Cute pictures. That is a darling little girl.

Bonnie King Photograhy said...

I love the fall colors too. And I love Smithfield canyon. (I live in Smithfield!)
Your daughter is so cute. Great work.

Annie said...

beautiful setting and your daughter is so cute! love the flower on the head :)

jenda greenlee said...

i like the last photo best, it captures the curiosity of childhood and she is just too cute!